Thursday, February 18, 2016

In a Limbo…

And okay with it. :) Hey all, I know I haven’t been posting often as I said I would do a few months back. Back then I was in a fog as I was praying, fasting, and trying to figure out what to do regarding my career. When I’m unclear about something, especially if it’s serious, I tend to go off alone and have quiet time to figure things out. I learned a long time ago in college when I need to find answers in the midst of confusion, instead of running to people, it’s best to run to God and Him alone. There are well intention people in our lives who mean no harm, but might not always speak the words into our lives that is from the Holy Spirit. The less clutter of voices and people’s opinions in my head, the better. So anyways, after a series of events unfolding in November I decided that it was time for me to leave my full time position as a school social worker. Honestly looking back at that time, it looked a bit impulsive and foolish, but it was one of those things when I thought, “I have to go now, I’m at peace with it, and I’ve always said that I’m a Christian and believe God to supply all my needs according to his riches and glory (Phil. 4:19), it’s time for me to be willing to stand on those words---literally”. When I decided to leave in November, I didn’t have a full time job replacement. By default I’m too much of planner to do something like that. However, I knew without a shadow of doubt, it was time to go and see what else God had for me at this stage of my life. For those who know me away from blogosphere, know that social work is something that I’ve wanted to do since I was teenager and being an LCSW is something that at one point I thought I might die if I didn’t receive that credential behind my name. Although it took a bit longer than I originally anticipated and wanted, it was all done in God’s timing (Proverbs 3:5). At the time, I felt like the children of Israel wandering around the in the desert (read the book of Exodus and Joshua). What I wanted was so close, but yet so far away at the same time.

Today, marks my 2 month anniversary of being a “free agent” so to speak. I will say that this hasn’t a piece of cake, but it has been much easier than it would have been in the past. In times past I would have been fretting about finding another job ASAP and being a “productive, working” citizen. I have to remind myself from time to time that this season is definitely a God thing, that if I use my “extra” time wisely—i.e. blog, get proper sleep, having the emotional and mental energy to give to those inside AND outside my circle, complete the things that I had been procrastinating for months, then in His time my next career move will come into play. The career move that I have been contemplating is not one I would have ever considered before this whole ordeal. After talking to 2 different people and listening to a message on YouTube, I’m starting to get the itch for it. I’m still praying and researching, but right now I’m at peace about it. One thing that I will say that I’ve learned and/or been reminded is:

• God isn’t going to change or move something in our lives WHEN and/or HOW we want (Psalm 25:4)
• We need to be able to accept and trust that the situation/circumstance is for our good (Jeremiah 29:11)
• This process isn’t easy, nor is it meant to be, but you do learn and grow through it all (James 1:2-4)
• Whatever plans you think you have, be willing to give the Holy Spirit room to move (also, be prepared that the Holy Spirit may be moving you to “think outside the box” (Isaiah 55:8-9)
• Remain grateful in the midst of uncertainty and be ready to cast down the feeling of doubt, uneasiness, and fear at any given moment (2 Corinthians 5:10)

On a side note: In the 2 months I’ve been off, I’ve received monetary blessings from two unexpected sources. Both times, I had to smile to say, “Ok, I know You got this, I’m on the right path, and I just need to "chillax" and do what I’ve been called to do at this season. Knowing you’re in God’s will and path for your life is the most satisfying feeling. It will always appear the risk is great at the beginning, but when you remove the soulish talk and fill it with things of the spirit, it really isn’t.

So for those that KNOW and/or feel that the Holy Spirit is calling you TO or OUT of something, be willing. He’s got this!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment